Child Family Health International has offered partial or full program funding opportunities since 2007, with over $150,000 USD going directly to the development of participants’ global health competencies and intercultural education. CFHI is committed to working globally and addressing inequities. In line with this global lens, it is our policy to actively seek a diverse pool of candidates from a variety of backgrounds who are committed to the mission and vision of CFHI.
- European Young Leaders in Global Health Fellowship -- Deadline: February 1, 2020
- Global South Leaders in Global Health Fellowship -- Deadline: October 1, 2020
- Loeliger 4th Year International Elective Scholarship -- Deadline: April 15, 2020
- CFHI Global Health Community College Scholars Program -- Deadline: March 1, 2020
- HBCU Leaders in Global Health Fellowship -- Deadline: June 1, 2020
Thomas Hall Scholarships
- Thomas Hall Scholar Program -- Deadline: January 15, 2020
- CFHI Global Health Immersion Scholarship -- Deadline: February 15, 2020
- Thomas Hall Spring Break Seminar Scholars Program -- Deadline: February 15, 2020
- CFHI Global Health Intensive Scholarship -- Deadline: May 1, 2020
- AMWA Global Health Scholarship -- Deadline: January 15, 2020
- AMSA Global Health Scholarship -- Deadline: December 15, 2019
- VSLO Global Health Scholarship -- Deadline: December 15, 2019
- UC Davis Study Abroad Latino/a Health Internship Scholarship -- Deadline: March 15, 2020
- UC Davis Summer Abroad Global Health Internship Scholarship -- Deadline: March 15, 2020
How do I apply?
Each scholarship listed above contains a unique application link. All applicants are asked to fill out the form and provide all necessary documentation. Failure to provide all requested information will result in an incomplete application and will not be reviewed.
What are the requirements after receiving a CFHI Scholarship?
Scholarship recipients are sent a full description of their requirements via email upon being offered a CFHI scholarship. Scholarship recipients must keep a blog during their program to document their experiences abroad. (See examples of blogs from past scholarship recipients below.) Recipients must share photos from their trip, which may be featured on the CFHI website and publications. The goal is that scholarship recipients will be ambassadors for CFHI, helping out during webinars for prospective students or representing CFHI by tabling at global health events for students at their school or in their community.
What costs are CFHI scholarship recipients responsible for?
All scholarship recipients are responsible for their own airfare and daily living expenses, along with the balance of the program fee.
CFHI's general eligibility to participate in our global health education programs are highlighted on the right. Browse the frequently asked questions below for more details. Please contact us you have any further questions about our eligibility requirements.
Are there any external scholarship opportunities that CFHI recommends?
Are you Pell Grant eligible? You qualify for a grant of up to $5,000 for an international internship: https://www.gilmanscholarship.
Applications open January 6, 2019 and are due in March (start early!). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need help with the application process.
Questions about scholarships?