Since 2007, Child Family Health International has offered partial and full program funding opportunities with over $150,000 USD going directly to the development of participants’ global health competencies and intercultural education. CFHI is committed to working globally and addressing inequities. In line with this global lens, it is our policy to actively seek a diverse pool of candidates from a variety of backgrounds who are committed to the mission and vision of CFHI.
Scholarships for VIRTUAL Opportunities
- Susan Hershey Memorial Scholarship for Virtual Learning -- Deadline: December 1, 2020
Scholarships for PLACE-BASED programs
Due to COVID-19, the following scholarship funds for in-person programs will only be applicable for programs taking place from April 2021 onward.
- European Young Leaders in Global Health Fellowship -- Deadline: Rolling
- Global South Leaders in Global Health Fellowship -- Deadline: Rolling
- Loeliger 4th Year International Elective Scholarship -- Deadline: April 1, 2021
- CFHI Global Health Community College Scholars Program -- Deadline passed for 2020
- HBCU Leaders in Global Health Fellowship -- Deadline passed for 2020
Susan Hershey Memorial Scholarships
- Susan Hershey Memorial Scholarship -- Deadline: March 1, 2021
Thomas Hall Scholarships
- Thomas Hall Scholar Program -- Deadline: February 1, 2021
- CFHI Global Health Immersion Scholarship -- Deadline: April 15, 2021
- Thomas Hall Spring Break Seminar Scholars Program -- Deadline passed for 2020
- CFHI Global Health Intensive Scholarship -- Deadline: March 15, 2021
- AMWA Global Health Scholarship -- Deadline passed for 2020
- AMSA Global Health Scholarship -- Deadline: May 1, 2021
- VSLO Global Health Scholarship -- Deadline: May 15, 2021
- UC Davis Study Abroad Latino/a Health Internship Scholarship -- Deadline passed for 2020
- UC Davis Summer Abroad Global Health Internship Scholarship -- Deadline passed for 2020
How do I apply?
Each scholarship listed above contains a unique application link. All applicants are asked to fill out the form and provide all necessary documentation. Failure to provide all requested information will result in an incomplete application which will not be reviewed.
What are the requirements after receiving a CFHI Scholarship?
Scholarship recipients are sent a full description of their requirements via email upon being offered a CFHI scholarship. For those doing in-country programs, scholarship recipients must keep a blog during their program to document their experiences abroad. Recipients must share photos from their trip, which may be featured on the CFHI website and publications. For virtual participants, scholarship recipients will share with us their final project (or a summary of their work and outcomes), which may also be shared CFHI's website and publications.
The goal is that scholarship recipients will be ambassadors for CFHI, helping out during webinars for prospective students or representing CFHI by tabling at global health events for students at their school or in their community.
What costs are CFHI scholarship recipients responsible for?
All scholarship recipients are responsible for their own airfare and daily living expenses, along with the balance of the program fee.
CFHI's general eligibility to participate in our global health education programs are highlighted on the right. Browse the frequently asked questions below for more details. Please contact us you have any further questions about our eligibility requirements.
Are there any external scholarship opportunities that CFHI recommends?
Are you Pell Grant eligible? You may qualify for a grant of up to $5,000 for an international internship: https://www.gilmanscholarship.
Please visit our Funding Opportunities page for more tips and suggestions for funding your program and recommended third-party scholarships.
Questions about scholarships?