Since 2007, Child Family Health International has offered partial and full program funding opportunities with over $150,000 USD going directly to the development of participants’ global health competencies and intercultural education. CFHI is committed to working globally and addressing inequities. In line with this global lens, it is our policy to actively seek a diverse pool of candidates from a variety of backgrounds who are committed to the mission and vision of CFHI.
Scholarships Exclusively for VIRTUAL Opportunities
- Thomas Hall Scholars Program -- Deadline: July 15, 2021
- Susan Hershey Memorial Scholarship for Virtual Learning -- Deadline passed for 2021
- Global South Leaders in Global Health Fellowship -- Deadline: July 15, 2021
- CFHI Global Health Community College Scholars Program -- Deadline passed for 2021
- HBCU Leaders in Global Health Fellowship -- Deadline: July 15, 2021
- Virtual Global Health Elective Scholarship -- Deadline: August 15, 2021
- UC Davis Virtual Global Health Summer Internships Scholarship -- Deadline passed for 2021
Scholarships for PLACE-BASED programs or VIRTUAL OPPORTUNITIES
- AMSA Global Health Scholarship -- Deadline: July 15, 2021
SCHOLARSHIPS EXCLUSIVELY FOR PLACE-BASED PROGRAMS
- UC Davis Quarter Abroad Latinx Health Internship in Oaxaca Scholarship -- Deadline: July 1, 2021
- Susan Hershey Memorial Scholarship -- Deadline: TBA
SCHOLARSHIPS Not offered at this time
- European Young Leaders in Global Health Fellowship -- Deadline: TBA
- Loeliger 4th Year International Elective Scholarship -- Deadline: TBA
Thomas Hall Scholarships
- CFHI Global Health Immersion Scholarship -- Deadline: TBA
- Thomas Hall Spring Break Seminar Scholars Program -- Deadline: TBA
- CFHI Global Health Intensive Scholarship -- Deadline: TBA
How do I apply?
Each scholarship listed above contains a unique application link. All applicants are asked to fill out the form and provide all necessary documentation. Failure to provide all requested information will result in an incomplete application which will not be reviewed.
What are the requirements after receiving a CFHI Scholarship?
Scholarship recipients are sent a full description of their requirements via email upon being offered a CFHI scholarship. For those doing in-country programs, scholarship recipients must keep a blog during their program to document their experiences abroad. Recipients must share photos from their trip, which may be featured on the CFHI website and publications. For virtual participants, scholarship recipients will share with us their final project (or a summary of their work and outcomes), which may also be shared CFHI's website and publications.
The goal is that scholarship recipients will be ambassadors for CFHI, helping out during webinars for prospective students or representing CFHI by tabling at global health events for students at their school or in their community.
What costs are CFHI scholarship recipients responsible for?
All scholarship recipients are responsible for their own airfare and daily living expenses, along with the balance of the program fee.
CFHI's general eligibility to participate in our global health education programs are highlighted on the right. Browse the frequently asked questions below for more details. Please contact us you have any further questions about our eligibility requirements.
Are there any external scholarship opportunities that CFHI recommends?
Are you Pell Grant eligible? You may qualify for a grant of up to $5,000 for an international internship: https://www.gilmanscholarship.
Please visit our Funding Opportunities page for more tips and suggestions for funding your program and recommended third-party scholarships.
Questions about scholarships?