How To Apply
How do I apply? Step-by-Step
- Is there a deadline for applications? CFHI recommends applying 3 months prior to your desired arrival date if possible. Applying early is also encouraged in order to secure your spot in your top choice program and to give you more time to prepare for the program.
- How long will it take to complete the application? On average, it can take 20 to 30 minutes to complete the application. Before starting the application, make sure you have the following information handy:
- Recommender: You must submit one recommender, who can be academic and/or professional. You must input there full name, title (if applicable) and email address
- Application payment: At the end of the application, you must submit an application payment. This can be done with a credit/debit card. Please note that the application payment is in addition to the program fee.
- Once my application is submitted, how long before I hear back from CFHI? CFHI reviews applications on a continual, rolling basis year-round. You should hear from us in within several days after your application is fully complete. Please note that we cannot process applications unless we hear back from your recommender, so please make sure to send him/her an email and ask them to promptly reply to CFHI’s email.
- Can I apply after the deadline? All applications received 45 days or less before any arrival date are considered last minute applications. CFHI is able to process last minute applicants and make expedited arrangements. However, do contact us before applying to ensure that the program of your choice is able to accommodate you. Last minute applicants, once accepted, are required to pay all program fees in full within 72 hours of acceptance.
- What if I want to participate in two separate programs? Apply to the first program as you would normally do and submit the payment and contact information for your reference, as well as complete the Spanish language self-evaluation (if applying to a program in Latin America). For the second application, you will not have to seek out an additional reference or pay the $95 application fee again. However, you will have to complete all other components of the application. Please contact email@example.com for additional instructions and a coupon code to bypass the application fee.
*For European applicant-specific information, please see our European Applicants page.