Faculty & Advisors
CFHI programs create an immersive experience that build competency in global health, cultural humility, understanding social determinants of health, professionalism and much more. CFHI partners with faculty to facilitate faculty led or non-faculty led programs. These partnerships are open to undergraduate and graduate level faculty. These help you run your international programs while getting help with logistics, partnership management, risk management, and more from CFHI.
Here is feedback from a CFHI faculty partner:
"CFHI is the gold standard in terms of partnerships with university faculty. Why do I say that? I've done programs where we developed our own relationships, it was extremely difficult. In most instances you don't have coordinated activities, you have little quality control, there is not a lot of stability...CFHI has been exceptional as a partner. It relieves pressure from faculty on the day to day activities and quality issues of the program."
-Dr. Adela de la Torre, University of California, Davis
Examples of Academic Partnerships:
- Faculty-led programs: Create an international program that is faculty-led by you or your colleagues. These allow you to utilize CFHI sites and in-country community-based faculty, while customizing the learning content and program details collaboratively with CFHI. By partnering with CFHI, the continuity with local partners between your programs is maintained, while site visits, risk management and safety reviews are all taken care of. This allows faculty to focus on the educational piece while CFHI makes sure the logistics and international partnership standards are optimized.
- MOU to facilitate indivdiual students and groups of students: Memoradum of Understanding (MOU) is a process by which CFHI and your school create an agreement to allow your students to access CFHI programs either as individual students or as groups of students. This process is cost-free and allows us to make sure we have alignment on values, educational approaches, expectations, program details and much more. CFHI has an MOU template that we can work from, or we are happy to use your school's preferred formats.
- Student-led organizations and groups: The passion of students is inspiring for all of us. Increasingly, students are organizing themselves into groups and chapters to engage in global health and international projects. CFHI can partner with your student-led groups to give them a scaffolding for their activities abroad, as well as help nuture their abilities to be advocates, professionals, and citizens dedicated to health equity and justice.
Benefits to Faculty who Partner with CFHI:
- Stable international partnerships maintained year-round, over many years that are ready when you are for your international program
- Pre-Departure Training for your students
- Comprehensive risk management including insurance, incident response, vetting of local service providers, PEP protocols, etc.
- Co-Educational model so you can work alongside local partners to provide an optimal service-learning experience
- Allow your students to see global health through the eyes of local community members, providing an authentic, grassroots, accompaniment model for your global health program
- Field experiences to complement a global health master, major, minor, or certificate program
- In-country didactics, case discussions, and reflection
- Wide range of program themes in diverse geographies and ability to create your own program focus within the context of CFHI's partnerships
- Leveraging over 20 years of experience with a global health educational leader
To learn more about becoming a CFHI Academic Partner, reach out to our Executive Director, Dr. Jessica Evert (email@example.com), to learn more. The process of partnership is a discussion to ensure value alignment, clarity of expectations, and understanding of your educational approach and that of CFHI.