In recognition of the tremendous disruption to educational training, Child Family Health International (CFHI) is offering 2 full-tuition scholarships to Afghan or Syrian refugees who came to the United States in 2020. Eligible students must have been enrolled in Afghanistan or Syria in a school/faculty of medicine or graduated in 2020, AND currently be in refugee status in the United States. The scholarship may only be used for the Virtual Global Health Elective
offered as a full course of study from March 7 - April 1, 2022
ALL of the requirements listed below must be met in order to apply for this scholarship.
1. Have been a final-year medical student or 2021 graduate of medical school in good standing either in Afghanistan or Syria.
2. Have terminated training due to political unrest in-country.
3. Be able to provide proof of refugee status in the United States in 2021.
4. Be fluent in written and spoken English.
5. Have access to a computer and stable internet connectivity.
6. Be prepared to take this course full-time (12-15 hours per week of in-person life class and 10-12 hours of assignments done off-line).
Two applicants will be selected to receive a full-tuition scholarship for the Virtual Global Health Elective. All applicants will be notified by early February.
If you have any questions, please contact Jenny Samaan, Ph.D., Senior Consultant: CFHI Medical Education at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply: Applicants will be asked to submit an application, statement, and documentation. Click on "Apply Here" below.
Deadline: January 30, 2022
Award Details: Entire program fee ($495) for the 4-week Virtual Global Health Elective starting on March 7, 2022.