AMSA Global Health Scholarship
Child Family Health International is entering into its 25th year. In alignment with our commitment to delivering the best global health programs, we are excited to present the CFHI AMSA Global Health Scholarship. We give away three $1000 awards annually.
AMSA - American Medical Student Association is the oldest and largest independent association of physicians-in-training in the United States. Today, AMSA is a student-governed, national organization committed to representing the concerns of physicians-in-training.
More about AMSA:
Founded in 1950, AMSA continues its commitment to improving medical training and the nation’s health. AMSA members are medical students, premedical students, interns, residents and practicing physicians.
Joining AMSA, you become part of a vital force. AMSA is committed to improving the lives of medical students like you, in big ways and small. AMSA is about more than just improving medical student lives.
AMSA is giving power to medical students to take action and create change about issues that they care about. It’s the presence of visionary medical students and their energy that makes AMSA such a powerful organization.e of future physicians who believe that patients and health professionals are partners in the management of health care and that access to high-quality health care is a right and not a privilege. At AMSA, student idealism is transformed into meaningful public service, innovation and institutional change.
How to apply: Applicants will be asked to upload the following:
2. Letter of recommendation (professional or academic)
3. Personal CV (Curriculum Vitae)
The application link can be found at the end of the page.
Award Details: The student will be selected to receive a $1000 award that will go toward the program fee for a CFHI Global Health Education Program. See all program options here.
- Student currently enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate program
- Student must be an AMSA member
- Student demonstrates a proven commitment to global health
- Student accurately portrays how a CFHI program will make them a better future phycisian
- December 1st, 2017 for any 4+week Immersion Program taking place from March-December 2018. ***Deadline extended to December 22, 2017 at 11:59pm PST***